00jknight.com | 1012 11th Street East | Saskatoon | S7H 0E9
(306) 203 9630 | email@example.com
University of Saskatchewan – Software Engineering Honours
Date of completion: May, 2014
Average In Computer Science: 87%
Minored in Mathematics
Central Collegiate High School, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Awarded the John Parr Memorial Scholarship for the highest mark in Computer Science
"A programmer is ideally an essayist who works with traditional aesthetic and literary forms as well as mathematical concepts, to communicate the way that an algorithm works and to convince a reader that the results will be correct.” - Donald Ervin Knuth, Selected Papers on Computer Science
An XNA based 2D platformer inspired by the “N Game” and “Super Meat Boy” developed as a class project for CMPT 306. I worked as the Programming Lead and Project Manager for this project. I planned the development timeline, delegated work, implemented the initial prototype and oversaw the other team members.
An XNA based rendition of the old arcade game “Asteroids”. This was developed while working at the Human Computer Interaction (HCI) under Dr. Lennart Nacke and Dr. Reagan Mandryk. I was the sole developer and designer on this project. This was my first XNA project. It is quite fun.
Chrome Keys (2013)
A Chrome Extension designed to enable completely keyboard based web navigation. I developed a prototype of Chrome Keys and performed extensive user testing, culminating in a performance report for CMPT 481. Since then, Chrome Keys has been rebuilt to be a faster, more usable productivity tool.
An iOS version of the ancient Chinese board game “Go”. This was developed for CMPT 294. Lone Lotus Go uses the Parse service to feature online multiplayer and matchmaking. I was the sole developer and designer on this project.
Software Developer @ Noodlecake
- June 2014 - Present
- Senior Developer on the Publishing Team
- We sign near completed games and I finish them
- I've written code in over 35 released mobile games
- Every couple weeks I learn a new code base and polish it
Software Developer @ Vendasta (Intern)
- Vendasta, Saskatoon (May 2012 - August. 2013)
- I worked on 5 different Agile Scrum teams ranging in size from 1 to 6
- I contributed code to every customer facing Vendasta product
Phone (306) 955 5512 - Ask For Nathan Poellet, Graham Holtslander, or Dale Hopkins
- Human Computer Interaction Lab, Saskatoon (May 2011 - Sept. 2011)
- I implemented an XNA game (Asteroids) with advanced logging of player data, to be used in a study.
- I worked under the guidance of Dr. Reagan Mandryk and Dr. Lennart Nacke.
- I participated in (and helped run) many user studies.
Phone (306) 966 4888 - Ask For Dr. Carl Gutwin or Dr. Reagan Mandryk
In my spare time I find myself chipping away at my various software projects & games (found on my website), reading non-fiction, listening to podcasts, and playing Starcraft. When I get the chance to get away I love heading to British Columbia to cruise down the slopes on my snowboard. I have a large circle of friends, old and new, who like to head out to see local bands, and stay up all night belting out folk songs.
A leader on the Publishing team at Noodlecake
We work together daily to solve problems and release games
Lead Software Engineer at Vendasta
One of my early mentors
Expert in Web Development, Software Engineering and Agile principles